Thursday, November 7, 2013

Telling a Story . . . . In Oregon (Dec. 2012)

My newest painting tells one of many stories about what might be a good day while looking for an Oregon homestead. The background setting is the east side of Mt. Jefferson. The family; consisting of two couples, two 12 yr old children, a young child and two dogs. There are four oxen, a milk cow and two covered wagons. WOW why can’t I tell a simple story?

In between, while I’m waiting for this story to dry, I have two fun paintings in various stages. One is a horse drawn sickle mower, the other a barn that I was particularly taken with on the road to McMinnville.

December 28, 2012

It’s two p.m. on Sunday afternoon and for the first time the National Weather Service alert sounded on my cell phone a few moments ago! The storm landing on the coast will bring blizzard conditions to the Willamette Valley. Being a lifetime desert person I’m excited . . . .what will it bring? Snow? Sleet? Rain? Wind? Darkness?

The house is solid, warm, cozy, the kitchen cupboards and freezers full.  As I paint and look at the stillness of the afternoon sky brooding in darkness, I think I should have a blank canvas before me to await an inspiration. I think I am a blessed and lucky person to be plucked up from an almost hermit-like existence into a world of vibrant beauty. I’m waiting in anticipation . . . . . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment